The Melrose and Hunts Point branches of the New York Public Library in the Bronx are two facilities funded through Andrew Carnegie’s philanthropy. Melrose was completed in 1914 with extensive subsequent alterations, including removal of two floors. Hunts Point, completed in 1929, was the last of the Carnegie libraries. SUPERSTRUCTURES conducted examinations of the exterior envelopes of both branches and produced a restoration plan to remediate facade and roof issues. This project included repair of cracked and spalling brick masonry, deteriorated steel lintels, deteriorated brick mortar joints, caulking and sealant deficiencies, window sill deterioration, stone masonry issues, and roof work.
14 Wall Street, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10005
(212) 505 1133
Subscribe to SuperScript, our email newsletter.