St. Paul’s Chapel
New York, NY
Built in 1766, St. Paul’s Chapel is the oldest surviving church in Manhattan. SUPERSTRUCTURES was retained to carry out a preservation program for the east portico, west spire and clock tower. The steeple was re-clad in lead coated copper, clock faces and mechanisms repaired. Work included window and metal work, and plaster and stucco repairs. Masonry work included pointing, patching, dutchmen and select replacement of sandstone base and columns. The firm provided architectural preservation and conservation services from investigation through construction administration. St. Paul’s Chapel restoration was awarded a Lucy G. Moses Preservation Project Award for 2015 by the New York Landmarks Conservancy.