Columbia University, Prentis Hall
New York, NY
The subject building was built in 1910 as a dairy plant designed by Frank A. Rooke. It was acquired by Columbia in the late 40’s and from the 1950s on, it has housed the Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center. The Hall is across 125th Street from Columbia’s new Manhattanville campus. SUPERSTRUCTURES provided investigation, design and construction services for bulkhead facade repairs and roof replacement. The scope of work included removal and replacement of the existing roof membrane, including flashings and roof insulation; installation of new parapet-mounted and roof-mounted railings, removal and replacement of skylights, and removal and replacement of brick masonry in conjunction with flashing installation and facade repair.