Baruch College, Lawrence & Eris Field Building
New York, NY
Built in 1929 to house the College of the City of New York’s School of Business and Civic Administration, the Lawrence and Eris Field Building is the historic hub of Baruch College. Noted for its attractive Italian Romanesque, brick-and-limestone exterior (designed by Thompson, Holmes & Converse), the Field Building (also known as 17 Lex) accommodates 4,000 students, faculty, and staff members. The Field Building has been honored by the Gramercy Neighborhood Associates for its contribution to the organization’s neighborhood beautification project. SUPERSTRUCTURES’ emergency facade repair project included parapet replacement, brick masonry replacement, repair of terra cotta cracks and spalls, parapet coping tile replacement, and joint sealant replacement. The firm provided investigation, design, and construction administration services for this project.