New York, NY
This six-story commercial structure in the SoHo-Cast Iron Historic District was originally the Mills & Gibb building designed by John Correja and built in 1880. SUPERSTRUCTURES provided investigation, design, and construction administration services to restore the building’s north facade. Restoration work included: localized brick masonry repairs; repointing the north wall brick parapet; and removal and replacement of existing bluestone parapet coping with new cast stone matching the size and color of the original units. The project also included resetting the loose protection wire- screen frame over the bulkhead skylight, installation of fluid-applied flashing at the roof perimeter, and removal of abandoned masonry anchorage.