Built in 1874-77, Jefferson Market Branch Library is an icon of Greenwich Village and High Victorian Gothic design. It is often cited as one of the first examples of adaptive re-use, converted from a courthouse to a library in 1961. In conjunction with an exterior envelope investigation, SUPERSTRUCTURES performed a structural assessment of the front gable and rafters. A full exterior restoration addressed brick, sculpted sandstone, slate roof repair, cast iron ornament, structural stabilization of the main gable and tower roof and water infiltration. The restoration project was awarded a Lucy G. Moses Preservation Project Award for 2013 by the New York Landmarks Conservancy.
14 Wall Street, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10005
(212) 505 1133
Subscribe to SuperScript, our email newsletter.