This facility consists of a four-story building built in 1908 and a three-story 1963 addition, together housing three schools. SUPERSTRUCTURES provided investigation and design services for an exterior restoration including replacement of the roof systems and entire parapet on the original building, with replacement in kind of all terra cotta tracery and copings; removal of the parapet at the southeast and southwest corners of the 1963 addition; and replacement of brick masonry at various locations. The Guastavino-tiled vault ceiling over the former main entrance is part of the restoration program. The project was awarded a Lucy G. Moses Preservation Award in 2019 by the New York Landmarks Conservancy.
14 Wall Street, 25th Floor, New York, NY 10005
(212) 505 1133
Subscribe to SuperScript, our email newsletter.