H. H. Richardson Complex
Built in the 1870’s, the H. H. Richardson Complex is an 11-building campus once home to the Buffalo State Asylum for the insane. A National Historic Landmark, the complex has been partially abandoned for over 34 years. SUPERSTRUCTURES was retained to provide emergency stabilization to prevent further deterioration and collapse of Building 43 and the covered walkway connections between several buildings. The project was completed on an expedited schedule and construction followed. Client: Dormitory Authority State of New York. Owner: Richardson Center Corporation.