FDNY Engine Company Buildings 253 and 258
New York, NY
FDNY Engine Company 253 is a 2-story firehouse, designed by Parfitt Bros. Architects and constructed in a Dutch Revival style in 1895. FDNY Engine Company 258 is a 4-story firehouse, designed by Bradford L. Gilbert Architects and constructed in a Dutch Revival style in 1903. Engine Company 258 obtained Landmark Status by the Queens Historical Society in November of 1997. Both buildings are comprised of brick masonry construction with wood and metal roof framing/truss work. SUPERSTRUCTURES conducted and investigation and prepared a report including a summary of existing conditions, recommendations for repairs, and a preliminary estimate of construction costs for the exterior envelope. The firm designed repairs and provided construction administration services.