404 Lafayette St. / 708 Broadway, New York University
New York, NY
The buildings at 404 Lafayette Street and 708 Broadway are located within the NoHo Historic District. Both buildings were designed by architects Cleverdon and Putzel. 404 Lafayette was constructed in 1893, followed three years later by 708 Broadway. The buildings were connected through internal openings in 1912. SUPERSTRUCTURES provided investigation, design and construction administration services for an extensive façade restoration. The scope included, but was not limited, to terra cotta repair and replacement, brick masonry reconstruction and repointing, steel lintel and spandrel replacement, and window sill replacement and repair.