New York, NY
The building, constructed in 1957, consists of an elementary school wing, P.S. 59, and a high school wing, High School of Art and Design. The renovation and modernization program included a complete roof restoration, replacement of the elevator system and refurbishment of all ten existing escalators, and installation of new playground equipment at the second floor terrace. SUPERSTRUCTURES provided investigation, design, and construction administration services.