Rockefeller University, Collaborative Research Center
New York, NY
Founded by John D. Rockefeller in 1901, The Rockefeller University was the first institution in the United States devoted solely to biomedical research. The Collaborative Research Center includes Flexner (1916) and Theobald Smith (1931) Halls. Their exteriors comprise schist and brick masonry, and are embellished with copper cornices and limestone parapets. The halls are joined by the two-story Smith Annex, which has a schist base and is clad with limestone. The scope of work included: masonry joint restoration, brick masonry replacement, and parapet and coping restoration. SUPERSTRUCTURES services included investigation, design and construction administration services.