New York, NY
P.S. 128M, built in 1959, comprises a 2-story auditorium and gym building, a cafeteria building and a 4-story classroom building. A 4-story addition was built in 1990. The current project included replacement of all awning/hopper windows with new aluminum double-hung windows with insulated glass and thermally broken frames and sashes. The installation of double-hung units returned the 1959 building’s windows to their original mode of operation, and addressed usability issues with the previous replacement hopper windows. AC units were relocated to the upper sash with properly designed brackets and new dedicated electrical outlets and switches The project had change orders totaling less than 2% of construction cost.