Conrad B. Duberstein United States Bankruptcy Courthouse
Built in 1892 and 1933, the Conrad B. Duberstein U.S. Bankruptcy Courthouse in downtown Brooklyn is a National Historic Landmark. More than a half-million square feet, it occupies an entire city block. The scope entailed terra-cotta and granite facade repair and replacement of the slate roof and windows. The U.S. General Services Administration used a partnering approach in which the design team, construction manager (CM) and contractors work together beginning in the earliest project stages. SUPERSTRUCTURES, as a commissioning agent on the CM team led by Bovis Lend Lease, reviewed investigation reports and construction documents and provided full-time, on-site commissioning inspectors. The project was awarded a Lucy G. Moses Preservation Project Award for 2014 by the New York Landmarks Conservancy, and a GSA Design Award - Citation in Preservation for 2016.